Directions how to find Goldenwood Lodge
Coming from the west (Revelstoke, Rogers Pass): after having crossed the bridge over the Columbia River at Donald, keep driving about 8 km, where you can see our sign on HWY 1. Turn left on Blaeberry School Road and follow the repeat signs. We are approx. 6 km off the Highway, at the very end of Holmes Deakin Road. Please be aware that you are changing the time zone from Pacific to Mountain Time and, therefore, are “loosing” one hour when coming to Goldenwood Lodge.
Coming from the east (Lake Louise): When coming to Golden, keep driving west on HWY 1 for about 15 km past the last traffic lights. Soon after having passed the Silica plant on your left and crossed the Blaeberry River, you will see our sign on the Highway. Turn right on Blaeberry School Road and follow the repeat signs. We are approx. 6 km off the Highway, at the very end of Holmes Deakin Road.
Blaeberry School Road and Holmes Deakin Road are well maintained gravel roads, also used for school buses. Total 6 km/ 4.5 miles off Highway 1.
This access is not recommended for heavy motor bikes. Dual sport bikes are ok.
- Blaeberry School Road off Trans Canada Highway 1: GPS: 116° 59,7' W; 51° 26,8' N
- Goldenwood Lodge: GPS: 117° 4,5' W; 51° 26,1' N
Goldenwood Lodge is:
- 1/2 - 1 1/2 hours from 5 National Parks: Banff, Yoho, Kootenay, Glacier (Rogers Pass) and Mount Revelstoke.
- 3 1/2 hours (260 km) west of Calgary
- 1 1/2 hours from Banff or Radium Hot Springs
- 1 1/4 hours west of Lake Louise
- 9 - 10 hours (780 km) east of Vancouver
- 20 minutes west of Golden
- 30 minutes from Kicking Horse Mountain Resort (ski area)
Click here for Road Report British Columbia »
Click here for Road Report Alberta »