On the Water
- White Water River Rafting: Kicking Horse River
- *Canoeing: Columbia River, Susan Lake
- Kayaking: Columbia River, Kicking Horse River
- Stand Up Paddle Boarding: Columbia River, lakes
- *Scenic raft: Blaeberry, Columbia and Kicking Horse River
- *Swimming: Lakes, Public Pool
- *Fishing: Columbia River, various lakes
On the Land
- *Hiking: around Golden and in the adjacent National Parks Yoho, Banff, Kootenay, Glacier and Mount Revelstoke
- *Trail Rides
- Climbing, Scrambling, Mountaineering in surrounding National Parks.
- “Via Ferrata” (climbing park) at Kicking Horse Mountain
- Burgess Shale World Heritage Fossil Site near Field, Yoho N.P.
- *Visit the Buffalo Ranch, Wolf Wildlife Center, and Grizzly Bear Refuge
- Mountain Biking: Downhill from Mount 7 and Kicking Horse Mountain, Moonraker Trails, Backcountry Roads
- *Train Spotting and taking pictures.
- *Explore Golden: discover the Historical Museum, walk the Timber Frame Pedestrian Bridge, visit Art Galleries, listen to Free Open Air Concerts, stroll the Farmer’s Market, Walk the Rotary Trails, Picnic in Confluence Park, check-out the Climbing Wall and Skate Park, enjoy Dining and Shopping
In the Air
- Hang and Paragliding, also Tandem Flights
- Sky Diving
- *Ride the Gondola to Kicking Horse Mountain’s Restaurant Eagle’s Eye, at 7700 feet.
At Goldenwood Lodge
After a long drive or day out exploring, or just needing a break, you can spend your time with:
- *Walks to the Blaeberry River and through the forest.
- *Canoeing on the pond (free)
- *Relaxing with a good read.
- *Exploring the beautiful Blaeberry Valley right from your door step: visit the Thompson Falls
- *Bird watching: we have birds all year round, but May and September are exceptionally rich in migratory birds.
- *Wildlife watching
- *Campfire, hot dog and marshmallow roasting